Thursday, April 20, 2006

New Poems and Photographs



I have updated my homepage with new poems and photographs. You can find the poems here.

The new photographs are a second series of aquarium pictures taken at Oceanopolis in Brest. I loved visiting this place which is packed with information about the world's oceans. Did you know that two-thirds of the earth's oxygen is produced by phytoplankton? Or that the little devils called chimeras and basilisks were made out of dried flatfish by medieval alchemists? Or that narwhal tusks once sold for ten times their weight in gold as stand-ins for unicorn horns? They were ground down and sprinkled on the food of royalty in order to counteract the potential effects of poison.

The first series of aquarium photographs are here and the second series is here. The second series was taken with a better digital camera and I think the difference shows.

I have also posted a new series of photographs of my daughter playing here.

You can make the photographs much bigger by clicking on them. The first click should enlarge them into a frame. The second click will make them almost the size of your screen.

No comments: