connaissance nf br>
(1) savoirla ~ de qch (the) knowledge; br>
(2) (choses connues, science)~s knowledge; br>
(3) (personne) acquaintance. br>
(4) (conscience, lucidité) consciousness. br>
(5) (loc)à ma/sa/leur ~ to (the best of) my/his/her knowledge, as far as I know...
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Perhaps once a year we get a day when the sky is completely empty of clouds. Usually when we look out of our window, we are very aware of the clouds, sitting like a lid on a saucepan. But sometimes when the lid comes off, there is an amazing feeling of buoyancy, as if one might just float away into space like a puff of steam.