connaissance nf br>
(1) savoirla ~ de qch (the) knowledge; br>
(2) (choses connues, science)~s knowledge; br>
(3) (personne) acquaintance. br>
(4) (conscience, lucidité) consciousness. br>
(5) (loc)à ma/sa/leur ~ to (the best of) my/his/her knowledge, as far as I know...
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Radka Toneff - Lost in the Stars (live, 1979)
Radka Toneff was born in 1952 in Oslo, Norway. Her father was a Bulgarian folk singer and her mother was Norwegian. She is one of Norway's greatest jazz singers, her album "Fairytales" (1982) being Norway's best selling jazz record. She died at a tragically young age in 1982.